The U.S. Underwater Glider Workshop is scheduled for January 18-19, 2017 at the INFINITY Science Center, Mississippi. This workshop will serve as a forum to strengthen coordination of underwater glider activities across the United States and beyond.
- Sharing experiences and exchanging information on major advances in glider capabilities, operations, and data processing
- Demonstrating how gliders enable new scientific breakthroughs for ocean research and operations
- Identifying gaps and coordination opportunities for planning, operations, and resources to enhance glider technologies for regional, national, and global ocean observing needs
- Assessing best practices for observations, operations, and data management applied across geographic and thematic boundaries
- Designing the scope and aims for a coordination mechanism, such as anUnderwater Glider User-Group to advance the goals listed above
Registration for this event is closed.